The Maldives – A Favorite Honeymoon Destination
December 29, 2016
While many Americans honeymoon in the Caribbean, the Maldives is a favorite destination for honeymooners in the UK. Taking holidays to the Maldives has long been one of the most popular options among UK honeymooners – and it’s not hard to see why. Indeed, there are five things that make the Indian Ocean destination particularly special for anyone planning a romantic break.
1. Spectacular Beaches The first is the beaches. Made up of more than 1,000 separate coral islands, the archipelago sits like glistening jewels within the azure sea. As there are so many islands of different shapes and sizes, there are also plenty of beaches to choose from.
Strolling along the soft white sands together and admiring the stunning vista is sure to be among the best moments of your first days of married life. After all the hard work you put into planning your wedding, what could be more relaxing than lying back on the beach and soaking up the sun?
2. Reliable Weather Indeed, the sunshine is the second big reason why people visit Maldives hotels for their honeymoon. In the UK, keeping your fingers crossed that it won’t rain is something of a wedding day tradition, so selecting a place for your honeymoon where there is relatively no chance of showers could be appealing. The archipelago boasts a tropical climate, so you can expect to get a healthy tan during your visit.
However, keep in mind that the chance of rain increases between April and October and the summer months could be particularly wet. The fact that it is this warm weather that gives the islands their lush, green beauty, though, may mean you are happy to put up with the clouds.
3. Privacy One of the factors that is likely to be the most important to you when it comes to your honeymoon is seclusion. Following all the effort that goes towards preparing your big day, followed by the hustle and bustle of the event itself, you may both be all too glad to arrive at a destination where you can enjoy some peace and quiet.
4. Lots to Do Should you be keen to get active, scuba diving is one of the most popular experiences on the islands and something that you are sure to love learning together. By trying this sport, you could be in with a chance of seeing a manta ray or even a whale shark.
If you are unsure about scuba diving, you can go snorkeling close to the coast instead – you are certain to spot something interesting under the water. This is also a perfect opportunity to go island-hopping and, once you have had your fill of looking beneath the waves, you can come up onto a secluded beach together and relax.
5. Pure Luxury The fifth reason that makes the Maldives so popular with newlyweds is the luxurious accommodation they can stay in. From gorgeous rooms or villas to sumptuous meals out under the stars, you will find your every whim is taken care of at these resorts.
One prime example is the Kuredu Island Resort, which you will find in the Lhaviyani Atoll. Here you will have a choice of restaurants to eat at, two swimming pools to take a dip in, spas to visit for a pampering session, a golf course and a variety of water sports to try, including diving, surfing, and snorkeling. Honeymooners will even receive the gift of a free fruit basket and a bottle of wine upon arrival, which you may be keen to enjoy as you settle into your bungalow or villa.