Art District/Convention Center Art Galleries
July 11, 2013
New Orleans, The Crescent City, The Big Easy, Nawlins, N’awlins…
Few cities have so many names, but also few cities of this size have so much to offer. History, music, great restaurants, extreme entertainment, and an abundance of art galleries all over the city. Here are the galleries in the Art District/Convention Center:
– Art For The Soul, 818 Howard Avenue, Suite 101, New Orleans, LA 70113, 504-558-7770
Original one-of-a-kind gifts and collectibles from American artists and artisans.
– ArtEgg Studios, 1001 South Broad Street, New Orleans, LA 70125, 504-822-4002
Art studios and nonprofit space. Renovated with environmentally friendly design and green technologies. The Green Build Resource Center showcases alternative products for New Orleans’ renewal.
– Arthur Roger Gallery, 432 Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-522-1999, and 730 Tchoupitoulas Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-524-9393
The gallery has a balance between local and national artists. Strongly committed to play a key role in the cultural revitalization of one of America’s greatest cities.
– BECA Gallery, 527 St. Joseph Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-566-8999
Innovative local, regional and international emerging contemporary art. Works include painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, fiber, ceramic and installation.
– Callan Contemporary, 518 Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-525-0518
Contemporary art gallery presenting abstract, figurative paintings/sculpture with an emphasis on emerging and mid-career American and international artists.
–D.O.C.S. gallery, 709 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-524-3936
New shows are mounted each month, featuring two selected artists’ works on display. A rich diversity of mediums and subject matter are evident in the selection of works exhibited.
– George Schmidt Gallery, 626 Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-592-0206
The gallery, located in the historic Julia Row of the Lafayette Square District, exclusively shows the works of George Schmidt. Schmidt specializes in reactionary works on paper and canvas.
– Heriard-Cimino Gallery, 440 Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-525-7300
The gallery showcases abstract, figurative and conceptual bodies of work that include painting, photography, and installations.
– Jean Bragg Gallery, 600 Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-895-7375
Late nineteenth and twentieth century Louisiana paintings and artwork by contemporary Louisiana artists. Newcomb College Pottery and Crafts and Gulf Coast Shearwater Pottery.
– Jonathan Ferrara Gallery, 400a Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-522-5471
Artist-owned contemporary New Orleans fine art gallery featuring local, national and international artists. Paintings, sculpture, glass, metal works, photography, mixed media and installation art.
– LeMieux Galleries, 332 Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-522-5988
Features work from artists along the Gulf Coast from Louisiana to Florida. Styles on display including oil on canvas, color and black and white photography, colored pencil, watercolors, and wood.
– New Orleans ArtWorks, 727 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-529-7277
Te New Orleans GlassWorks & Printmaking Studio has been the largest facility of its kind in the entire South. Free daily breathtaking demonstrations.
– Palma Gallery, 828 Howard Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70113, 504-598-2276
Dedicated to exhibiting art works in all media by established and emerging local, regional, and international artists. The rotating space emphasizes contemporary art in a wide range of styles.
– Soren Christensen Gallery, 400 Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-569-9501
The gallery features contemporary paintings, sculpture, and photography by national and international artists.
– Bergeron Studio & Gallery, 406 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-522-7503
This gallery has an outstanding collection of historic photographs by important artists who worked in New Orleans over the last hundred years.
– Big EZ Arts & Décor, 500 Port of New Orleans Place, Riverwalk Marketplace, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-460-0659
Artists work, Art Gallery, home furnishings & decor.