I have more than two handfuls of things to do but I can’t seem to get on with them. I know what I have to do but procrastination seems far better at the moment. Even blogging is a struggle and it always seems to happen as soon as school kicks in again.
I’ve been there a whole week, and the lazy part of me has woken up… or maybe it’s just fallen into an even deeper slumber depending on how you look at it I don’t know why! As soon as I get too busy I feel the urge to sit down and chill out for a bit when that’s the complete opposite of what I should be doing. So, in no particular order, here is what needs to be done… sharpish.
- I think I am doing pretty well yet I would like to hear somebody else saying that
- Plan my next trip … *faints at prospect*
- Sign up for a webinar about new techniques for writing practice tests as I my new job is developing tests for online classes (HS and GED). It’s my new job ( perfect when you like traveling as much as I do). But I try to catch a new mentor from this website but so far no luck.
- Start looking for houses – I don’t think I quite realize how fast these houses get snapped up.
- Figure out how to reformat my computer because the normal way doesn’t seem to work – goddamnit!!!
- Start on my 4000 word portfolio for my work placement – I’ve done 2 shifts already, and still have absolutely nothing to show for it partly because they don’t give me anything to do, and partly because I haven’t specifically asked for anything to do.
- Take my library books back which is harder than it seems. You see, I could take them after class but that means I’d miss my train and have to wait another hour in the freezing cold. “So what dude, it’s only an hour – go to Starbucks!” I would, only I’ve banned myself from there as part of my 101 things.
- Stop writing this stupid list and do one of the above!
How long is your to-do list?
Sounding Off On Blogs
I like to multi-task. When I manage to find the time to surf blogs, I surf 6 different traffic exchanges, vote on Battles in BotB, check my RSS feeds and write the occasional post. While I am doing all this, I like to listen to some tunes.
That is why it pisses me off to surf on to some website that has a video that autoplays or worse yet a blog with background music. It annoys the shit out of me to have my music drowned out by some crappy music that I would never listen by my own will. Have you heard Def Leppard blaring out of the same speaker as the theme to the David Letterman show? It sounds like hell. It’s enough to make me want to shove chopsticks in my ears in an effort to deafen myself.
I then have to click through each tab to find the culprit before the desire to claw all my skin off overcomes me. Unfortunately, half the time, when I find the offending blog, there is no way to turn off the noise. Is it too hard to just provide a link for people to click? If we are interested in seeing your video or hearing your music, we all know how to click on a link. See, I’ll show you…
You Got Another Thing Coming – Judas Priest
Yes, a surefire way to get me to click on the ignore button or vote against you in the BotB is to assault me with your ear pollution. For the love of God, please stop the torture!!!!